The Parable of the Tares

In this story, the farmer plants good seeds, but while he is sleeping the birds drop tares or bad seeds in the ground.  When the servants discover this, they ask the man what to do.  He says let them all grow together and when we harvest we will keep the good fruit and burn the bad fruit.

Ervin Seale goes on to elucidate this story by suggesting that the bad seed is dropped in our own mind,  put there by race suggestion.  Ernest Holmes in The Science of Mind defines "race  suggestion as a very real thing.  Each individual carries around within him many impressions which he has never consciously thought or experienced."  And these are affecting OUR world, out picturing as  OUR reality. and becoming bad fruit.  

When we harvest our crop of good mixed with bad,  do we then say - "Nothing ever works for me."  "This is what I deserve for thinking I could rise above my station."  "This is proof that ...."  Do we then resent others for their good fortune?  How do we deal with the existence of that which we did not consciously plant?  How do we account for it?

Our resentments are born of our lack of knowledge that we are the co creator of everything in our world.  "Evil" is a manifestation of the dark side of our own thoughts and those of our race!  Ervin Seale tells us that "Evil exists, but doesn't subsist."  Subsist means to sustain itself.  If we try to fight the "evil thoughts" within ourselves, we cause them to have power.   We must turn away from them, consciously deciding not to give them power. On their own evil thoughts can not stand.

Cycles of growth are always ending.  Things are always coming to fruition.  How do I sleep and allow the bad seed to be planted in my mind?   What does being  asleep or unconscious mean for me?   I had years of religious training reciting a mantra of "Lord, I am not worthy."   Like a haunting melody, the tune of erroneous belief plays on in my head when I am not consciously singing it.  When good is manifesting in my life do I think - other people deserve the Good, why should I have it?  I am not worthy.   

Are there ways I leave myself open for the negative melodies to play?  As a psychotherapist I learned that there are many ways  to dissociate from  reality including overeating, drinking alcohol to the point of inebriation, and  getting lost in fantasies on television or in books are ways of dissociating or stepping away from pain.  Is the pain looking at my harvest?  Believing I have no power?  

How do I get off the merry go round?  How do I stop the music playing in my mind and sing another song? If I fight it, it just gains power.  Meditating, studying the Bible and the parables of Jesus can help me to change my harvest. 

 Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world,  but be transformed by the renewing of your mind that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable perfect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog